|More Journal Entries|
| What Can I Submit? |
Well, anything that enhances your desktop experience, the pony way. Generally, our folder categories will give you a clue into what we allow.
Mature content would be tricky to implement in our catagories. If any, it would come in the shape of wallpapers or screensavers. If that's the case, it can still go into those categories.
My Submission Wasn't Accepted. Why?
Chances are, it's not of a high enough quality. A vector slapped on to a gradient background may be a wallpaper good enough for you, but not for the group.
Same goes for skins and cursors ect.. If they're badly done, look rushed, or are not even half-way completed, it won't be accepted.
Our folders are pretty specific on what to submit, and if somethings been submitted into the wrong folder (you've been a bit silly) we'll likely move it into the right one.
Regarding Wallpaper Standards
Our most common rejected submissions include the following:
- No depth: Does your wallpaper look flat? A vector sitting in front of a background with nothing but a flat or gradient colour will get you nowhere here. In exceptional cases this can be overlooked, but not often.
- A lack of composition: Knowing certain adages like empty space and the rule-of-thirds will help your composition considerably.
- Colours: While occasionally planting a giant rainbow of colours can work, understanding and applying colour theory gives you a considerable advantage. Google ‘digital color theory’, and be amazed.
- A lack of effort: It’s obvious even to the untrained eye when there is a lack of effort. Quality over quantity is what we look for; the latter on its own won’t help.
- Wrong monitor dimensions: No one likes a wallpaper that you have to stretch to fit on the desktop. More info on proper dimensions below.
- Not crediting others: If you use a vector or stock image made by someone else, you must credit them. And trust me, we do check for this.
We only take submissions that follow standard monitor resolutions. If you want to know what these are, Wikipedia has a list: [link] . The most common resolutions are 1920x1080 and 1920x1200, so we'd prefer if you submitted those. We won't accept anything lower than 1024x768.
If you would like to become a Contributor, then bear in mind your two roles include making, and looking for good quality wallpapers.
Don't hesitate to contact the staff at EDigital if there's an issue. Unless the issue is you lack of ability to cook. We can't help you with that.